THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Federation Uprising is a proud member of the Legacy Coalition and was once part of faction warfare, fighting on behalf of the Gallente Federation. With FEDUP's move to Null, it has left faction warfare behind for now. While one of the smaller Alliances in Legacy Coalition, we make up for that with a great community and a capable group of players who seek out PVP in all shapes and sizes.
FEDUP stages out of a null-sec system: Y-2ANO in the Fountain constellation on the Western edge of New Eden.
This ideal location allows us to easily access NPC Null space, Low-Sec space, and be just a few jumps away from High-Sec space as well.
Once a member of FEDUP you should cautiously avoid hi-sec, unless you know what you are doing. Our Alliance is often the subject of war declarations by hi-sec ganking groups, and as such will be targeted, especially around trade hubs. You should have a neutral, hi-sec alt who is not a member of the Alliance to use there. We have our own ways to get supplies into and out of hi-sec, including freighting, and private runs by those experienced in avoiding being ganked.
Find out more about the Alliance structure, including Leadership, Diplomats, and the Corporations that make up FEDUP.
For structure access control list and standings requests for alts you should contact your corporation leadership.
To place a character in our neutral, non-faction warfare Alliance AUXUP, you will need to contact Rob Drymen. Market alts, miners and industrialists are all welcome here.
¶ Discord, Mumble, and the Auth
One of the first things you will need to do as a member of FEDUP is complete the Auth process. This will grant you access to the entirety of Discord and Mumble for both FEDUP and Legacy Coalition. Both are important platforms for communication in the Alliance and are therefore mandatory.
Discord is where fleet pings, announcements, updates and other important matters are made. Mumble is what we use for voice communications.
When you've followed all of the below instructions you should be on the following Discord and Mumble servers:
- FEDUP Discord
- Volton Discord
- Voltron Mumble
- FEDUP PUBLIC Discord: http://bit.ly/FEDUPublic - this Discord is our public facing one, for recruitment and general chat with the public
- FEDUP Auth Discord: See below.
¶ Setting up FEDUP Discord and FEDUP Mumble - Section 1
- STEP 1 As part of your recruitment process, you should have registered on SEAT. You should login there (https://seat.federationuprising.com/) and confirm you are in your new FEDUP corp after accepting your invite (may take 15 minutes to update).
- STEP 2. Install Discord and Mumble: https://www.mumble.com, https://www.discordapp.com. We will use this for setting up Coalition Mumble later.
- STEP 3. Go on this website: https://auth.federationuprising.com/ This is the Alliance auth website. Sign in with your main character and ensure you enter an email address.
- STEP 4. Wait. EVE will take some time to update your corp properly. If you do not have a "SERVICES" tab, and the website shows you are in a FEDUP corp, you need to wait until it has updated (refresh or relog on website).
- STEP 5. You should now have access to the Auth website. On the left hand column you’ll see a tab named SERVICES. Click it.
- STEP 6. On the SERVICES tab you will see Discord, and Mumble.
- STEP 7. Click the ACTIVATE buttons on the right to activate Discord. It should cause you to join our auth locked Discord.
- STEP 8. Ensure you change your name on Discord to [CORPTICKER]Exact Character Name (for example: [XMETA] New Guy)
- STEP 9. Say hi.
¶ Mumble and Coalition Discord - Section 2
- STEP 1. Go here: https://legacyvoltron.com/. This is the Legacy Coalition Voltron auth website. Sign in with your main and enter an email address if prompted.
- STEP 2. Go to the SERVICES tab. You will again see a Discord button, but there should also be a Mumble button here.
- STEP 3. Click on the ACTIVATE button next to Discord. It will cause you to join the Voltron Discord server.
- STEP 4. Click CONNECT next to Mumble.
- STEP 5. Enter the details given to you by the auth in the EXACT FORMAT the Auth provided it to you in. This includes capital letters and all punctuation. It is under "Username" on the Mumble line on the auth website.
- STEP 6. The server will now appear on your server list. Join the server.
- STEP 7. If prompted for a password, return to the auth website, and click the Yellow button, and enter a password. Put this password into Mumble as well, then connect to the server. If done right, it should not have any further popups.
- STEP 8. Set up the correct push-to-talk settings. Follow these instructions, as well as http://i.imgur.com/KRcwhlc.gif (slightly easier to see).
- Q. I can't connect!
- A. Check you have used the exact Mumble username provided by the auth, including punctuation. In particular, check that any spaces in your name are replaced by an underscore: _
If problems persist, contact Ikuorai or any recruiter from your corp on Discord.
¶ Setting up Coalition Discord and Coalition Mumble
Legacy Coalition uses Voltron Discord and Voltron Mumble for Legacy Coalition fleet pings and comms:
The set up process should be self explanatory.
Our staging system is Y-2ANO. We are currently in our Keepstar, "Its Fine Guys".
You can find out more about ratting systems, mining systems, and jump bridges here: Using out Space: A Guide and Null Sec Best Practices: A Guide.
Here is a basic run-down of FEDUP Essential information:
1. Be cordial and respectful of alliance members, friends, and even enemies.
2. Come to fleets ready to fight! Proper doctrine or support ships are available on our market in Ticonderoga in O3Z5-G and by using 1.
3. Respect our friends and allies: If a blue shoots you, contact one of our diplos and include combat logs.
4. Respect the space of our friends: rat, mine, and do exploration sites in FEDUP OWNED systems [our space]. - Note: Updated Nov 12 - Ikuorai. Subject to change if our situation changes.
5. To keep us and our friends safe, report neutral/red intel in the intel channel for the coalition, Int.Immenseaz (in-game).
6. All ore mined from an alliance-owned moon gets contracted to Milborne Wrynn. You will be paid.
7. Follow the Market Rules when listing items on the market.
8. Ask for help when you need it!
¶ Fleets and Doctrines
The importance of fleets is graded in three levels:
- Standard Fleet - Typically a roam or 'fun' fleet where the fleet composition is likely to be flexible or off-doctrine. OPTIONAL
- Strategic Operation (STRATOP) - Your attendance is important, but not mandatory. Typically concerns an important objective, using a designated fleet composition. ATTENDANCE DESIRED
- Call To Arms (CTA) - A vital fleet of urgent importance. Your attendance is mandatory if online, and if not, you're asked to make all reasonable efforts to be online to take part. Typically concerns a vital objective, using a designated fleet composition, usually a high-end or capital based doctrine. ATTENDANCE DEMANDED
A list of Fleet Doctrines can be found on our wiki, which you can use to import the fits to your in-game fitting screen. It is important you make an effort to be able to fly all of these ships.
Please see Newbro to find new player assistance.
Please see Policies to understand any rules or expectations the Alliance has of you.
In case things get confusing, here's a super brief summary:
"Colo" = Coalition.
The Coalition's name is Legacy
Voltron is Legacy Coalition minus Test Alliance
Comms we use for FEDUP Fleets:
Voltron Mumble: Voltron Auth login by going to 2 -> Mumble
Comms we use for Voltron/Legacy/Colo Fleets:
Discord for chat: https://legacyvoltron.com/ login by going to 3 -> Discord
Voltron Mumble: https://legacyvoltron.com/
Where you should keep your ships/clones/etc:
FEDUP: O3Z5-G - Ticonderoga (Keepstar)
Legacy Coalition: L-5 - Legacy Keepstar there.
DEPLOYMENT: Location to follow, move all COALITION doctrines there when information available.
All doctrines are on our Doctrines page on our Wiki. For more info, see Essential Hangar List.
The Doctrines listed as Legacy Voltron should be kept in L-5 Keepstar. This list may change at any time, so check back often.